Rules and Guidelines - HIG Giving Tree Family Nominations
Thanks for helping others through HIG Giving Tree. Before you begin, please take just a moment to check out the details of how it all works.
- All nominations must be made exclusively by filling out the form on HIGTexas.com and fill out a free NO obligation quote for insurance (auto, home, business etc.)
- We will not accept mailed or faxed nominations.
- You cannot nominate yourself, or anyone in your household for the HIG Giving Tree.
- HIG Giving Tree is not a "gift exchange" program. If someone nominates you, please do not nominate that same person who nominated you.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to nominate someone for the HIG Giving Tree.
- We will not accept requests for needs like: employment, cash, traveler's checks, payment of utility bills, mortgage notes, cars or car notes, or any other bills/debts; food stamps, gift certificates, or any form of cash equivalents.
- Only approved needs will be posted on HIG website.
- Any false information, incomplete information, or misrepresentations submitted will not be accepted.
- You may nominate no more than two households for HIG Giving Tree.
- Companies/Organizations are encouraged to participate; However we ask that the nominations be made by a single person, acting as the primary point of contact.
- HIG reserves the right to edit any Giving Tree submission at any time.
All of HIG existing contest rules
on HIGTexas.com also apply to HIG Giving Tree's promotion.
HIG Giving Tree FAQ’s
Can I nominate myself or someone living in my household?
No, as stated in our guidelines, you are unable to nominate yourself or someone living in your household. The purpose of HIG Giving Tree is to allow our customers or fans to have an opportunity to be a blessing to those outside of your immediate family.
Can I nominate a relative?
Yes, you can nominate a relative as long as they are not residing in your household.
Can I nominate someone anonymously?
No, due to the logistics involved in the HIG Giving Tree program, the Submitter cannot be anonymous. However, the Submitter may choose to remain anonymous to the nominated family, and the family will be named anonymous.
How long will it be before my submission is posted?
If your submitted need is approved, it may take up to five business days to appear on our website, but feel free to check back periodically prior to that time.
Why was my submission rejected?
Some of the most common reasons why submissions are rejected are because the guidelines were not followed. For instance, we ask that you do not nominate yourself or a member of your family or someone in your same household. Also, we will not post expensive gifts, requests for money and luxury items like video game systems, cars or laptops.
No one has responded to the need I submitted, what should I do?
Once a need is posted, there is no guarantee that the need will be selected by HIG. While you wait, we encourage you to continue to pray for God’s provision for the family you have submitted and be on the lookout for other possible resources that may be available to offer them help. Or, to help speed up the process you can share this need on social networks such as Facebook or Twitter with the share button on the HIG Giving Tree website.
Why can I nominate a maximum of only two families?
Because of the logistics involved in coordinating all the details between the families nominated, we ask that you nominate only two families.
HIG General Contest Rules
By participating in any HIG contests, participants agree to be bound by the following rules. If you do not agree to these contest rules, do not participate in a HIG contest.
- All HIG contests are open to any/all HIG customers or prospects that are U.S. residents and age eighteen (18 ) years or older, unless otherwise specified by HIG or its promotional affiliates.
- There is no purchase necessary to enter or win an HIG contest.
- Odds of receiving a prize from HIG will depend on the number of qualified entries submitted in each contest. Only one (1) qualifier per household will be accepted.
- Only one (1) prize per household within any sixty (60) day period will be awarded. Employees and Owner of HIG, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win.
- By participating, all participants and winner(s) grant HIG exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. All contest entries become the sole property of HIG.
- All prizes are non-transferable. Contests are void where prohibited by law. No cash substitution of prizes allowed.
- Any valuation of a prize is based on available information provided to HIG, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. If the prize requires filing of a 1099 form, winners must show a valid Social Security Card with proper identification in order to pick up the prize. If the winner is under 18 years of age, the legal parent/guardian, of the winner will receive the prize and complete appropriate paperwork, provided they have proper identification.
- By participating, each participant and winner waives and releases any and all claims of liability against HIG, its officers, directors, employees and agents, for any and all claims, demands, and/or causes of action of any kind, foreseen or unforeseen, including but not limited personal injury or financial loss, which arises out of or results from the participant’s participation in the contest, or from the use of any prize. If required by HIG or its promotional affiliates, winners must sign a liability release prior to receiving their prize.
- Prizes will be mailed within thirty (30) calendar days after winning the prize or at the discretion of HIG. If the prize is to be mailed, it is the responsibility of the winner to provide HIG with a current and correct mailing address. HIG is not responsible for, nor obligated to replace, any lost, stolen, or damaged prize sent through the U.S. Mail.
- If the winner is instructed by HIG or its promotional affiliates to personally pick up their prize, it must be claimed within thirty (30) calendar days of winning. Upon pick-up of prize, proper picture identification (i.e. valid driver's license or passport) from the winner is required. Prizes must be picked up at HIG located at 13920 Osprey Ct., Suite B Webster, TX 77598 between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday (except holidays).
- At certain times, winners may be instructed by HIG or its promotional affiliates to pick up their prize at a separate location. Upon request, HIG will provide instructions and pick-up times to winners.
- HIG will not notify winners of the time remaining on their prize. It is the responsibility of the winner to claim the prize within the thirty (30) day time frame. All unclaimed prizes after thirty (30) days will automatically be forfeited.
- Under unique circumstances, a representative designated by the winner will be allowed to accept the prize for him or her. Written authorization from the winner, including the representative’s name, ID and a photocopy of the winner’s valid driver’s license is required.
- In the event that a winner voluntarily chooses to not accept a prize, he/she automatically forfeits all claims to that prize. HIG then has the right, but not the obligation, to award that prize to a contest runner-up.
- HIG may substitute another prize of equal value in the event of non-availability of a prize.
- HIG is not responsible for any defective prizes.
HIG contest Judges or Management will retain sole discretion in matters relating to all HIG contests. HIG reserves the right to disqualify anyone if contest rules are not followed. HIG may amend the rules or discontinue the contest at any time.