How do I make a change to my policy?On our home page there is a customer service tab at the top choose the line of business you need to make a change to, select the type of change you need to make, enter your information, and submit. An agent will receive your request and email you a confirmation of change, if you need help use our live support online to speak to an agent live if you are having trouble making the change or have any questions.Back to TopHow do I make a payment?
You can make a payment one of three ways.
First you can make a payment by clicking the link below and filling out your payment information
(auto, home, or business insurance ONLY).
Make my payment.
Second you can make a payment by clicking on the link above and following your carriers payment link to make a payment directly from your carriers website.
Third you can call us at (713) 349-0400 and we would be happy to make your payment for you.
You can pay by credit card, debit card, eft withdrawal
from checking or savings account for selected carriers.Back to TopWhat are my coverage's?
You can find your coverages listed on your declarations page of your policy. You will recieve a new declarations page on every renewal and for any changes you make to your policy.
You can visit the website of your specific carriers
to look at your coverages or contact our agency at (713) 349-0400 to get the information you need.Back to TopCan you explain my bill?
Your bill will only vary if there are any changes to your policy during your policy period, or if your policy has or is going to renew.
To find out more about your bill you can visit your carriers website
to get more details on your statement or contact our agency
to investigate your billing.Back to TopCan I have my payment taken out automatically every month?You can set up an autowithdrawal on your policy by completing an EFT authorization agreement under our important documents link.
You can also check our carriers website for the correct EFT agreement or contact our agency for assistance.
Back to TopHow do I change my payment information?
You can change your payment information by going to our important file link
and completeing your carriers eft form or HIG Policy Change Request Form.
You can also go to your carriers website listed in our important links
section and update your information directly through your carrier.
You may always contact us
at anytime and we can help you update any information on your account.
Back to TopHow do I file a claim?
You can file a claim by going directly to your carrier's wesbite
or calling the carrier's claims center 24/7
. Click on our important link's
to be connected with all our carriers websites.
You may also contact us
to review any claims questions you may have or to review your claims process.
Back to TopWhat is my policy number?
Your policy number is located on your declarations page of your policy. You may also find it on your Insurance ID cards for your auto insurance. If you have trouble finding your policy number please contact us
and we can help get your policy number.
Back to TopAuto- What is auto insurance?
Auto insurance protects you against financial loss if you have an accident. It is a contract between you and the insurance company. You agree to pay the premium and the insurance company agrees to pay your losses as defined in your policy.
Auto insurance provides property, liability and medical coverage:
- Property coverage pays for damage to or theft of your car.
- Liability coverage pays for your legal responsibility to others for bodily injury or property damage.
- Medical coverage pays for the cost of treating injuries, rehabilitation and sometimes lost wages and funeral expenses.
An auto insurance policy is comprised of six different kinds of coverage. Most states require you to buy some, but not all, of these coverages. If you're financing a car, your lender may also have requirements.
Most auto policies are for six months or a year. Your insurance company should notify you by mail when it's time to renew the policy and to pay your premium.
Back to TopAuto- Why do you need auto insurance?
It's really all about protecting yourself financially.
Back to TopAuto- Questions to ask your agent
- If you're in an accident or your car is stolen, it costs money, often a lot of money, to fix or replace it.
- If you or any passengers are injured in an accident, medical costs can be extremely expensive.
- If you or your car is responsible for damage or injury to others, you may be sued for much more than you're worth.
- Not only is having insurance a prudent financial decision, many states require you to have at least some coverage.
Your Independent Agent is an advocate for finding auto insurance that meets your specific needs. Here are a few things to consider as you prepare for the discussion:
Back to TopAuto- How do I start up an insurance policy?
- How much can you afford to pay if you get in an accident? (To keep premiums low you may want to have a higher deductible and be willing to pay more for repairs.)
- What is the insurance company's level of service and ability to pay claims?
- What discounts are available? (Ask about good driver, multiple policy and student discounts.)
- What's the procedure for filing and settling a claim? (Ask who to call and what happens after you file a claim.)
To start your insurance policy we will need to get all the appropiate rating information including but not limited to Date of Birth, Driver's licence number, VIN numbers, and Social Security number for each driver and vehicle. This will allow us to have all the information necessary to give you the most accurate quote.
After we have verified the your pricing we just have to collect your down payment to get you policy started and each carrier has many payment options to fit your needs.
Back to TopAuto- How can I lower my premiums?
The best way to lower your premium is to make sure you have a clean driving record for at least 5 years. This will help qualify you for most preffered pricing with insurance companies.
Because we are an independent agency we have the ability to shop the most competitive rate coupled with a comprehensive coverage plan tailored to meet your needs.
Another way to help lower your premium is to raise your deductibles
. The higher your deductible the lower your premium is going to be. You can also drop your comprehensive and collision coverage on your older vehicles where the benefit of this coverage is diminished.
For more ways to help cut costs please call our agency
and talk to a representative who can look at your household specifically.
Back to TopAuto- Do I have windshield coverage?
You have to carry comprehensive coverage to be eligibile for glass coverage. You will need to have a low deductible (which most window replacement company's will waive a portion or all of) or have a glass coverage endorsement on your policy. To check your comprehensive coverages check your declaration page or contact
an agency representative.Back to TopHomeowners- What is Homeowners Insurance?
Homeowners insurance provides financial protection against disasters. A standard policy insures the home itself and the things you keep in it.
Homeowners insurance is a package policy. This means that it covers both damage to your property and your liability or legal responsibility for any injuries and property damage you or members of your family cause to other people. This includes damage caused by household pets.
Damage caused by most disasters is covered but there are exceptions. The most significant are damage caused by floods, earthquakes and poor maintenance. You must buy two separate policies for flood and earthquake coverage. Maintenance-related problems are the homeowners' responsibility.
Back to TopHomeowners- Why do you need homeowners insurance?
It is really all about protecting yourself financially if something unexpected happens to your home or possessions. That's important because chances are your home is likely one of your largest investments.
- If your home was destroyed by fire or damaged by a natural disaster, you'd need money to repair or replace it.
- If a guest in your home is injured, liability protection and medical coverage help pay expenses.
- If you are a victim of theft and vandalism, it can reimburse you for your loss or pay for repairs.
- If you are still paying for your home, your lender will require insurance.
It is important to know that homeowners insurance is meant to cover unexpected damage, not routine maintenance. Ask your agent to talk about what is covered and be sure to read your policy so you know exactly what's included and what is not.
Back to TopHomeowners- Things to consider and questions to ask your agent
Here are few things to discuss with your agent that will influence your decisions.
Back to Top
- How much will it cost to rebuild my house and replace my belongings if they are damaged or destroyed? (Ask your agent to talk you through your home's features and the things you own so you can make an informed decision about coverage.)
- Does the insurance company have a good reputation for customer service? Is it known for paying claims fairly and promptly?
- What discounts are available? (Ask about multiple policy, security system and fire resistance discounts.)
- What's the process for filing and settling a claim? (Ask who to call and what happens after you file a claim.)