Auto Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Need help click on the live support online button below to speak to a live agent now!
Auto Insurance Customer Service Options
To file a claim visit the carriers website by clicking on the link below or call.
Need help? Speak to a live agent now be clicking on the live support online button!
Auto Insurance Information
Houston & Galveston TX Auto Insurance
HIG: Where Service & Trust Come First
Every day, millions of drivers hit the road in the Houston area. Yes, millions. There are more than 3 million vehicles registered
in Harris County alone.
With so many vehicles sharing the same freeways and boulevards, the likelihood of being involved in an accident in greater Houston is greater than it is in many other parts of Texas. Add in the region's notorious flooding issues, and there's a decent chance that you'll need to pay for costly repairs to your ride.
Don't pay for these fixes out of pocket! Make sure you have an auto insurance policy that covers not only the standard liability concerns required by Texas law, but also property damage and much more. This can help you get back on the road without taking a hit to your wallet.
As an independent agency, HIG - Henrich Insurance Group
has many auto insurance policies to choose from. We can help you find coverage that meets your specific needs at affordable rates. Call us at (713) 349-0400
or request an online quote
to get started.
What Is Auto Insurance?
Auto insurance protects you against financial loss if you have an accident. It is a contract between you and the insurance company. You agree to pay the premium and the insurance company agrees to pay your losses as defined in your policy.
Auto insurance provides property, liability and medical coverage:
- Property coverage pays for damage to or theft of your car.
- Liability coverage pays for your legal responsibility to others for bodily injury or property damage.
- Medical coverage pays for the cost of treating injuries, rehabilitation and sometimes lost wages and funeral expenses.
An auto insurance policy is comprised of six different kinds of coverage. Most states require you to buy some, but not all, of these coverages. If you're financing a car, your lender may also have requirements.
Most auto policies are for six months or a year. Your insurance company should notify you by mail when it's time to renew the policy and to pay your premium.
Why Do You Need Auto Insurance?
It's really all about protecting yourself financially.
- If you're in an accident or your car is stolen, it costs money, often a lot of money, to fix or replace it.
- If you or any passengers are injured in an accident, medical costs can be extremely expensive.
- If you or your car is responsible for damage or injury to others, you may be sued for much more than you're worth.
- Not only is having insurance a prudent financial decision, many states require you to have at least some coverage.
Questions To Ask Your Agent
Your Independent Agent is an advocate for finding auto insurance that meets your specific needs. Here are a few things to consider as you prepare for the discussion:
- How much can you afford to pay if you get in an accident? (To keep premiums low you may want to have a higher deductible and be willing to pay more for repairs.)
- What is the insurance company's level of service and ability to pay claims?
- What discounts are available? (Ask about good driver, multiple policy and student discounts.)
- What's the procedure for filing and settling a claim? (Ask who to call and what happens after you file a claim.)